Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wayne Weeks Update

First of all, you probably already heard that Wayne Weeks, long-time operator of the Nor-Way Pines Speedway, passed away around the new year. A lot of you read the piece I wrote on him, and contacted him. Word is that he really appreciated hearing from you, as has the family. JJ Sanville and his family went down last fall for a visit, and they sent me some pictures. Here's a good one.
The other news, which you probably also know, is that the Legion Speedway did in fact find a new lessor. I forget the gentleman's name, but the track is now known as the Rattlesnake Motordrome. When I feel ambitious I'll add the link, and remove the probably-dead link for the Legion Speedway.

And now, the point. The point, of this blog, is for communication. Instead, what it's been is me telling a bunch of stories and running some pictures. Don't get me wrong, it's been fun, but I know for a fact that I am not the only one who's got a story or two to tell about dirt track racing in the Northern New England area.

I'm not any sort of historian. I've just been around a while. Haven't you? Don't you have some stories to tell? Don't any of the things you've see here bring back any memories? Then fer cryin' out loud hit that comment button and share a little, will ya? I'll keep sticking my own stories on here, but I sure would like to hear from you. And put it here, where everybody can join in, not in an email to me.

So let's hear from you, all right?

No comments: