Saturday, April 13, 2013

A Face In The Crowd

Hi.  Y'know, every now and then I'll run into somebody at Wal-Mart or a gas station and we'll get talking racing.  For those of you that haven't heard, yes, I'll be back at the Rumney track this year, and glad for it.  And, I really do plan on writing more for this blog in the future.  I have a lot more memories to share, and I don't plan on shutting up about them any time soon.

The thing I wanted to say today is that I'm so glad that there is so much about small NH (and VT) dirt tracks on the web these days.  Thanks especially to Billy "Gee-tar" Moses for posting all that video.  I used to watch Mary Emery taping all those races all those evenings and wondering, 'what the hell is she ever going to do with those?'  Now, I know.

Just in case there's somebody that doesn't know yet, there's a Facebook page you'll love if you've bothered to read any of this.  It's called Nor-Way Pines Through The Years, and it's awesome.  Billy's posted tons (hours?) of video, and lots of other people have shared photos and stories.  For your information, there are similar pages for Bear Ridge Speedway in Bradford, VT and the Canaan Fair Speedway in Canaan, NH.

There are also a number of websites dedicated to memorializing the sport we all love.  I am glad to be a small part of that history with this page, and I hope you enjoy - and will continue to enjoy - it.  I would like to know if there are also any sites or pages regarding some of the tracks that didn't last as long; like the tri-oval in Franklin, NH back in the sixties, or Bob Welch's try for one year in North Woodstock.  And for that matter, anybody that's got anything from the original 106 Midway Raceway in Loudon - later known as Bryar Motorsport Park, and then NH Int'l Speedway - I'd love to see it.

So keep the shiny side up, and don't forget to turn left.  See ya at the Legion Speedway in May.

No comments: